CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

D- Day...

... has come and gone. There is still no baby. Bummer. I guess he needs to cook a little longer, but it sure does suck in the meantime. I was having more intense contractions about 7-9 minutes apart for about 2 hours and then I got up and moved around and they stopped just as suddenly as they started. Bigger bummer. But that's okay... we missed the tax deduction already so it's not like it matters when he comes anymore, other than WE ARE STOKED TO MEET HIM!! ... and of course, I am really sick of being prego... but what can you do, I have literally tried all but 2 options and I'm pretty sure I am not going to get THAT desperate before my appointment on Monday. So he will come when he comes, and we will impatiently wait until then and relish and enjoy some alone time with our baby boy, and hopefully Bailey will get to come to the hospital and meet her baby brother first. 
   Speaking of that... we are SO grateful for all of the love and support we get from everyone! We are very blessed with GREAT friends and family! We know that most of you are very eager and excited to meet our little man too.... he is a lucky boy to have so much love already! 
  I am pretty sure we are going to forego ALL visitors at least on the day he is born. If I do change my mind, it will still be limited to immediate family (parents and siblings) and even then it will not be until the day after he is born. So PLEASE wait until the next day to call before you come to the hospital.  I know that may hurt feelings and bum people out and I am really sorry if that is the case. It is definitely NOT the intention. 


     My reasons are several:
 A- I will probably be exhausted
 B- we would really like time alone to bond with the little guy before entertaining visitors (by we it's mainly me)
 C- I REALLY REALLY feel strongly that Bailey should be the first one to meet her brother, but that may not be possible due to the swine flu outbreaks (which is letter D)
D- Swine flu and keeping traffic low so none of us get sick, even if it’s just a cold you have.  
E- After the complications with Bailey and all the visitors we had the first day, I didn't even get to hold my baby until around 12am (I had her around 2pm the previous day) and I was EXHAUSTED beyond belief... it was pretty traumatic for me. 
F- it makes me REALLY uncomfortable to think of people sitting in the waiting room wasting their day, especially when odds are, they aren't even going to get to see the baby, and then I feel guilty and I don't feel like I should have to feel guilty for my feelings or choice. So PLEASE do not come wait in the waiting room. 
G- We have a HUGE amount of family in this area and limiting visitors especially after they drive all the way to the hospital would make us feel bad. So PLEASE call first.


    I know this may seem selfish to some- but when it comes down to it, I'm the one squeezing a watermelon out of my who-ha, and having a stress free safe delivery and recovery, and actually being glad that I have a baby instead of exhausted, miserable, scared, excited, hormonal, etc. etc. is way more important at this point in time. If this changes, of course, we will let you know. We are advising the nurses station to call the room before allowing any visitors back. With Bailey, we didn't know that you have to request that, and they sent people back until about 9:45/10pm (the day of delivery). It's probably best to just call the hospital or our phones beforehand, but PLEASE wait until the day after he is born. We can’t wait to meet Trevor!! and we can’t wait to share him with you, but we would like the first day to ourselves and really hope that no feelings are hurt, we love you all SO much and are SO incredibly grateful for all the love and support our family receives from each of you!! 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope he comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Trevor! I totally understand your concerns, and can't wait to see pictures of the cute little man!! Love you all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the visitors statement! for all 3 of my babies i had a non-immediate-family-not even-really-friend visit in the hospital without calling first... and while each brought a gift, i still would have preferred to have been left alone! so i'll leave you alone for sure :)

    ReplyDelete