CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

I thought I was going to be better about posting more regularly. I really, truly, thought I would be. I wasn't. Sorry! I know there is a lot to catch up on so I'll do my best.

Trev's 13 months old! 
- I CAN NOT believe the little man is over a year old now. He is SO stinkin big, and SO smart and mischievous. He is really good at being obedient and listing to commands, WHEN HE WANTS TO BE. When he doesn't, he throws a fit that would make you think he is dying. He has finally started eating more people food, but is still really picky about textures of things. I am going to have him tested for sensory integration, per the doctors recommendation. He is starting to attempt running. We are in SOOO much trouble! It's really cute though, because he runs a few steps and then falls because he wants to go so much faster and just can't yet.

Bailey- Has been getting so mature. She talks like an adult most of the time as far as vocabulary and sentence structure is concerned. It's crazy to hold an actual and coherent conversation with her. She loves to be helpful around the house and right now she is loving making her own PBJ's. We have been night time potty training the last two weeks, and she has done fantastic! Only three accidents and two of them were because I was too lazy to wake her up. She is growing up so fast. It half breaks my heart and half makes me ecstatic!
   She started Occupational Therapy in January. She is under responsive to senses and also has poor gross motor skills. She may or may not be ADHD as well, they can't actually diagnose at this age, though. I think OT is going to be really helpful. Her therapist is great and works with me and gives me ways to wind her down and give her that calm and that pressure she seeks. Her sensory integration issues very much explain a lot of her behavior. She has a really hard time moderation her emotions as a result, which also explains the regular 30-45 minute tantrums we still have. The behavioral therapist guy has been working with me on some behavior modification techniques and so far they are helping. We've been learning a lot and are hoping it helps so it's easier for her to control and calm herself. She is so sweet, she has such a big heart and really just wants to be like us, it's just so difficult to keep our patience sometimes, even though half the time she can't help it. So we are all working to improve. I could go on and on about everything we've learned and been doing, but I won't. Now for the fun. Pictures! I'm going to post them in a separate post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment